Volunteer with Us
Another way to give back to our recovery community, is the gift of your time.
We have several ways you can give your time to our community. From teaching a class to planning events, we have a role for everyone! Some roles are also available remotely! Contact program coordinator, Nicol Marsden (email@example.com) with any questions!
Volunteer Opportunities and Descriptions
Teach a class or workshop with our Members with School for Recovery!
- The School for Recovery desires to offer classes to holistically support the journeys of each member at the Recovery Cafe.
- Class topics can range from health/wellness, nutrition, yoga, spirituality, job/career preparation, healthy relationships, relapse prevention and more!
Serve on the Fundraising Planning Committee (Remote Opportunity)
- This committee helps in every aspect of planning the event from securing in-kind donations, to venue and vendor selection, to serving as a table captain and more!
- Lend your talents to help raise awareness and funds for our cause!
Facilitate Recovery Circles with our Members!
- Individually engage with members by helping to facilitate recovery circles!
- Recovery circles allow members to build community among each other and go through recovery together.
- Certified Recovery Specialist certification required.
Provide Community Connections & Recovery Resources
- One of our key goals is to provide a growing awareness of the Recovery Café in the community. We need help in connecting to community providers, recovery resources, members of the Café, supporters, and funders of the Café.
- Duties in this role may include but are not limited to booth and community outreach, story gathering and/or photography, or tabling certain events to share the story of the Recovery Café.
Plan and Lead a Sober Social Event with our Members!
- Bring your creativity and pose your idea for an event to have safe, clean fun to our members!
- The Recovery Café offers monthly sober social events and can range from an open mic event, ballroom dancing, or game night to an ice cream social, craft night, trivia night, or BBQ!
Join the Birthday/Holiday Planning Committee
- Join this committee to help us make birthday and holiday celebrations extra special for our members!